Agnostic.com

0 4

I have a huge interest in WWI. It is the war that has changed everything including facts on the ground today. A new film is out and based on a certain soldier/poet Sigfried Sassoon. “Purity is like virginity, as soon as you touch it, it becomes corrupt.” [npr.org]
”Lt. Siegfried Sassoon was a model British officer decorated for his daring and valor in the trenches of World War I, hailed by the soldiers he commanded as Mad Jack for his audacious nighttime raids. He was also a British gentleman who excelled at cricket and poetry. But while on convalescence from the front, Lt. Sassoon added up all the good men he'd seen lose their lives and decided he could no longer support war. He wrote his commanders a letter to say so. He wasn't court martialed but sent to a country hospital for treatment for his shell shock by doctors.”
More information about this, to me, extremely interesting person, [en.wikipedia.org]

JackPedigo 9 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671438