Agnostic.com

0 5

My daughter Lis took me to Walmart to pick up my prescription. My co-pay was $0.60. Yes, that is sixty cents.
You say: that must be some useless stuff.
"No", I say," that is Oxycodone, the wonder drug that lets me walk upright with a smile on my face."
So why is it so inexpensive? I could finance my insulin habit with these little pills. People who know tell me that each one of those little white pills goes for ten bucks on the street.
Bad thoughts crawl through my mind. Why can't we give them to the addicts who really need them to be happy? I would gladly give them sixty cents for their co-payment. That way, they won't need to rip my purse off of my shoulders or break into my house.
Or could it be that the American addiction problem is not one of monetary loss? If the insurance companies are satisfied paying whatever to the manufacturer and I am satisfied paying my sixty cents to Walmart, the monetary loss cannot be that serious.
I cannot think straight about this issue right now. The little pill is working. I can stand up and go into the kitchen. Time for coffee. I hope that never becomes illegal.

Spinliesel 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672555