Agnostic.com

0 1

There has been quite a bit of speculation on how Russia invading Ukraine happened, what led to it. Russian expansionism? NATO expansionism? The 2014 coup and resulting civil war? Who is at fault?
A thought occurred to me earlier. Intellectuals always carp on about the forth estate aka a free media. So thinking if the media did it's job and fully and accurately reported on the ongoing civil war in Ukraine/ Minsk agreement ect, then would it have got to the stage where Russia felt the need to invade?

Can we assign Ukraine as a failure of media, equally valid as blaming a failure of diplomacy?
Eg if the civil war was fully reported in Western media from the start, perhaps pressure may have been applied on Kiev to curb excesses so it may not have dragged on to reach the point we are currently at. Who really knew a civil war was occurring in Ukraine since 2014 with actual shelling and civilian deaths, or who like me only really found out what was happening after Russia moved in? It seemed/ I suspect that as Kiev was anti Russian they could not be shown in any bad light, so no light at all was chosen by most media as the way to "report" on Ukraine's civil war.

puff 8 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675690