Agnostic.com

2 4

I'm sure most of anyone on this site over the age of thirty have heard of the late singer/actor David Bowie, and some of you might even be fans of his music as I am. It's fairly common knowledge that Bowie was quite eccentric back in the day, and since his death from cancer back in 2016 there have been rumors circulating on the Net that Bowie harbored fascist political beliefs and once even stated that he thought Hitler was some sort of "rock star". As it turns out, at least some of those rumors may have indeed been genuine. Have to say, in light of this now I do feel differently about him, someone who I once thought fought for individual rights may not have been what it appeared to be.-
[snopes.com]

To take things further still, was recently listening to Bowie's classic hit China Girl in better detail, paying closer attention to all of the lyrics. The hit song China Girl had a radio-edited version for content, a long version, and an extended version, the last of which is the hardest version of the song to find on compact disc. Found the extended version online, and have to say some of the lyrics are truly questionable, somewhat cryptic talk about Nazi symbolism and harboring a desire to rule the world. Or so that's how it appeared to me, I could be wrong about that conclusion though. Here's the extended version of China Girl, you can listen for yourself and decide if it was just another harmless sexual themed song, or something far more sinnister.-

SpikeTalon 9 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow,, would love to see a print out of the lyrics showing the differences.. I didn't even know there were different versions. 🥴

Oh-oh-oh-oh, little China Girl

[Verse 1]
I could escape this feeling with my China Girl
I feel a wreck without my little China Girl
I hear her heart beating loud as thunder
Saw the stars crashing

[Verse 2]
I'm a mess without my little China Girl
Wake up in the mornings, where's my little China Girl?
I hear her hearts beating loud as thunder
I saw the stars crashing down
[Chorus 1]
I'm feeling tragic like I'm Marlon Brando
When I look at my China Girl
I could pretend that nothing really meant too much
When I look at my China Girl

[Verse 3]
I stumble into town just like a sacred cow
Visions of swastikas in my head, plans for everyone
It's in the white of my eyes

[Bridge]
My little china girl
You shouldn't mess with me
I'll ruin everything you are
You know, I'll give you television
I'll give you eyes of blue
I'll give you a man who wants to rule the world

[Chorus 2]
And when I get excited
My little China Girl says
Oh baby, just you shut your mouth
She says... shh
She says... shh
She says...

[Chorus 2]
And when I get excited
And when I get excited
She says... shh
She says...

[Outro]

@SpikeTalon Ah yeah,, I remember hearing the "man who wants to rule the world" line.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675990
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.