Agnostic.com

1 2

Craig Murray: The Film About Julian Assange. "Ithaka is heart-rending, and it has an important message in rehumanizing Julian after over a decade of concerted (I use that word advisedly) propaganda aimed at dehumanizing him."

"The cold calculation behind Assange’s treatment in his last months in the Ecuadorian embassy in London, when he was denied access to wash and shave, in order to produce the apparent monster for the photos of his arrest, is a true example of evil unfolding. "

"Two days before his expulsion I telephoned the embassy and spoke to the first secretary (a call I recorded). I explained that if, as we understood, Julian were no longer welcome, they only had to say so and he would leave voluntarily to the police station. Instead, we had that calculated piece of theater. "

"Presentation aside, it also enabled them to retain all of Julian’s possessions, including all his legal papers covered by client-attorney privilege relating to his defence."

"As we heard in the extradition hearing, all of those papers were taken to Quito and then given to the C.I.A. This was admitted by counsel for the U.S. government who claimed that “Chinese walls” — a direct quote — within the U.S. government prevented the C.I.A. from passing any of that information to the Justice Department, which is running the case."

"If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. But the fact is that it is the U.S. government that is applying for extradition and the U.S. government has stolen the legal papers of the other party in the case. In any other case this would lead to the case being kicked out immediately. "

"If you add that together with the fact that the extradition treaty specifically bars political extradition, that the U.S. government’s key witness is a convicted fraudster and pedophile who was paid for his evidence (which he has since denounced), and that no journalist in the U.S. has ever been charged with espionage before, you begin to start to understand the depth of state depravity that has kept Julian in the U.K.’s strongest security prison for four birthdays. "

[consortiumnews.com]

As I learned, 60 years ago, after having knocked my elder adult brother out to stop his bullying, it is time that someone did the world a favour and applied similar treatment to the USA to stop the perpetual American bullying.

FrayedBear 9 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm surprised the poms have approved this extradition. What happened to the days sanctuary from persecution was provided to Idi Amin types?
If evidence is presented that the CIA must have passed on, obvious lady liberty's "Chinese walls" failed.

If we get to trial stage, for sure prosecution will request a closed court on "National security" grounds. Now considering it is an editor/ journalist being prosecuted, all media should insist on an open court to both ensure a fair trial and because it is in the public interest proceedings be open; an easy argument one would think.
Pompeo the prick, declared wikileaks a foreign intelligence rather than a media outlet, allowing CIA's full resources to be employed against Julian and wikileaks.
The USA's attitude to the killers of journalists in recent times makes the UK's court decision allowing the release of Assange to US authorities on assurances of justice being fulfilled dodgy as.
Why whilst not a trump supporter, can't stand HRC either as a lot of this BS is democratic BS like the Russia bollocks. Base human instinct within Democratic circles seek revenge and have pushed this.

puff Level 8 July 12, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.