Agnostic.com

2 2

For crying out loud folks, do you think for a moment you could maybe set aside your own personal biases and just give credit where credit is due? Doesn't matter what terms you use to describe the hero armed citizen who stopped the Indiana mall shooter, his actions undoubtedly saved many other lives. So if the term "good samaritan" doesn't sit well with you, then go with the term "hero armed citizen" then instead. Labels aside, I find it appalling (but not surprising) that given how much worse that situation could have been and that it certainly had the most desired outcome at that point, that some still find a way to get contrary or depressed with said outcome. Someone needs to stand up to these thugs, and any truly rational or reasonable individual would think that a best case scenario at that point in which many lives were spared would certainly be considered something to be thankful for.

The state laws and mall rules totally failed to deter the gunman, and why do you suppose he chose that setting to carryout a mass murder spree in the first place? Because he knew the mall's rules on carrying weapons on the premises and figured it would be an easy target in which to murder many innocents. He got surprised though (thankfully), as it turned out he wasn't the only one who disregarded the mall's rules. These "gun free zones" are too inviting to lunatics hellbent on acting out violently towards others. Speaking of which, Dicken didn't break any actual state laws as some progressive anti-gun sources had claimed, he merely violated a shopping mall rule, and could have only been indicted for a crime (namely criminal trespass) if mall security had asked Dicken to leave and he would have refused their request. So stop lying, no actual laws were broken, and as of beginning of July a carry permit was no longer required in the state of Indiana.

As for such incidents being relatively rare, well no shit. Alot of law-abiding gun owners have to be concerned about draconian state gun control laws that would seek to turn otherwise legal gun owners into criminals for using their weapons in self-defense. If more states were as flexible as Indiana is, maybe perhaps incidents like the Indiana mall shooting wouldn't be as rare, as conceal-carriers wouldn't have as much to worry about should a situation arise in which they need to use their weapons to defend themselves. It's worth pointing out that some of the most dangerous cities in the US where random acts of violence are concerned are far-left progressive "paradises" like Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Chicago, all of which have strict gun control laws in place yet said laws haven't done much to deter the criminal element.

As crazy as it may sound to some, had Dicken been involved in such an incident in say New York, he probably would have been indicted, regardless of the fact he had no ill intentions and ended up saving lives. Doesn't get much more screwed-up than that, turning otherwise decent citizens into criminals, while the prosecutors (namely the progressive ones) are going easier on the actual criminals who do pose a serious threat to the rest of society.

Dicken fired ten rounds at Sapirman, for one thug, so remind me again why extended capacity magazines are terrible? Such a situation shows how it might actually be a good idea to have a few of those "high capacity" magazines on hand, because real life shootings are not some video game or movie where one shot from a considerable distance would take down the bad guy, as in reality it isn't exactly easy to hit a moving target at a distance. Anyone who has some years experience with firearms know that to be true, and hearing otherwise from anyone else tells me that person doesn't know what they are talking about.

Lastly, the claim that an individual armed with a handgun could not possibly take down a gunman armed with larger rifles is horseshit, and again the Indiana mall shooting pretty much would debunk such a claim. Just because one uses a rifle, does not automatically mean they are skilled shooters, and Dicken proved that much. A spokesperson for the Greenwood Park Mall thanked Dicken for his heroic actions and rightly so, and made no mention of Dicken breaking any mall rules, because in the end saving lives is more important than someone sidestepping petty mall rules in favor of considering one's own safety first and foremost, in which I commend the mall for doing the right thing. So hate on legal conceal carriers all you like, some day you may find yourself in a similar situation where an armed citizen deters the next would be mass shooting and saving your life in the process. Concern should be directed more towards those who are at risk for committing criminal acts and the mentally disturbed, than law-abiding gun owners who may also conceal carry while out and about. Life isn't fair and no one ever said it was going to be. There are alot of evil and dangerous people out there looking to prey upon the innocent, which means conceivably at times our society will be witness to random acts of horror, and the decent and civic-minded among us must fight back against such evil when it becomes apparent the police/authorities will not be there in time to protect the citizens.

Sources:
[cbsnews.com]

[msn.com]

[news24.com]

[reason.com]

SpikeTalon 9 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That guy had amazing marksmanship. 8 out of 10 hits on a target with a 9mm Glock under that stress at 40 yards.

That dude needs a metal.

I don’t give a fuck about the mall rules , yeah , y ?
He stoped an asshole from killing more people , y what’s the problem ? Is he in trouble ??
I sure wish the coward cops in texas school shooting were half present as he was at the mall 🙁🙄
U know , I don’t like guns, I don’t like people w guns , but I am not going to complain that an armed man stoped an asshole . I am thankful .

Yup, the police response in Uvalde was horrendous, every one of those officers/authorities involved in that fiasco should lose their jobs and face some jail time.

As for the hero armed citizen at the Indiana mall, glad to hear you feel that way and you are right for feeling that way, but unfortunately there are some folks out there who just have to find something bad in an otherwise best case scenario in which lives were spared, which is appalling to me. I too am thankful for citizens like Mr Dicken.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678131
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.