Agnostic.com

3 12

25 Republican senators withdrew their vote, killing a bill for health care and benefits to veterans.

The PACT Act would have expanded health care and benefits to veterans who have endured physical suffering from their exposure to unsafe practices, like “burn pits,” while serving our country.

The bill originally passed through the Senate 84-14. Republican senators Thom Tillis, Rand Paul, Mike Rounds, Richard Burr, John Thune, Pat Toomey, James Lankford, Mitt Romney, Cynthia Lummis, Richard Shelby, Tommy Tuberville, Mike Lee, James Risch, and the appropriately named Mike Crapo voted against veterans for pretend budgetary reasons.

Then 25 Republican senators withdrew their vote and killed the bill. Bastards.

[dailykos.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which explains why Manchin withdrew his objections;he knew his friends were opposing it!🤬

I heard it failed and Jon Stewart did an excellent rant outside the building surrounded by supporters and veterans.

Jon is PISSED...the rest of the country should ALSO BE PISSED...VOTE THEM OUT...but they won't because they are in a CULT...they are FUCKING ZOMBIES.

It was an amazing speech. He really nailed it ... and them.

@Lauren Brilliant and bitter. He really DID nail them.

@alliwant He truly made my day. He's also posted videos challenging Ted Cruz's absurd lies, and is clearly going to the mat for this issue.

@Lauren Mine too, LOVE Jon Stewart!

Nope - PACT act failed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678797
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.