Agnostic.com

3 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard a news host mis-pronounce her Star Trek character name so badly I didn't know who she was talking about. I thought, that couldn't have been more off if you tried... it sounded backwards and underwater or something. It's just as it's spelled, Uh - hu - ra. Sound it out (dip shit)... I wondered how she got a speaking job. By contrast, Nichelle was so poised and perfect.

RIP Nichelle, you were a bright light that brought intelligence and strength to a generation of black children who needed a hero at that time in our history. 😘

I always loved Uhura, Nichelle Nichols was perfect for that part. She was so beautiful, intelligent and classy. But most of all, she was a woman, with rank, on a Star Ship at a time when women were never trained to be astronauts in the US. Well one woman was, but was never sent up. She was a beacon of hope that things would get better for all minorities, whether it be of color or of gender. RIP Ms Nichols!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679612
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.