Agnostic.com

2 2

Journalist John Pilger reports on the endemic US psychosis of wanting to commit mass murder on other country's citizens.

"The atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was an act of premeditated mass murder that unleashed a weapon of intrinsic criminality. It was justified by lies that form the bedrock of America’s war propaganda in the 21st century, casting a new enemy, and target – China."
And
"The Marshall Islanders I met in 2015 — like the survivors of Hiroshima I interviewed in the 1960s and 70s — suffered from a range of cancers, commonly thyroid cancer; thousands had already died. Miscarriages and stillbirths were common; those babies who lived were often deformed horribly."

[consortiumnews.com]

FrayedBear 9 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It has been argued that the bombing of Hiroshima "could" be justified to some extent by it having shortened and ended ww2. However the bombing of Nagasaki was completely unnecessary the Japanese were already offering their surrender. The Second bomb was opposed by the US military, most of the government but was insisted upon by Johnson in order to "put the Russians in their place"
In order to minimizes the damage done, the American secret service lied to Johnson claiming that Nagasaki had much great cultural, military and political import to stop him from bombing Tokyo. fortunately Johnson was dumb enough to fall for it and basically used the second A bomb on a coastal tourist destination and fishing port, with half of the explosion effecting on the sea.

***Correction for President Johnson read President Truman

Johnson?

@FrayedBear Sorry Truman (Harry S. Truman ) not Johnson, must have been a subconscious association with him being a complete dick

@LenHazell53 You mean that some weren't?

Looking at the emojis expressed on this post I can only conclude that the report elicits mirth in US psychopath bullies.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680067
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.