Agnostic.com

6 5

It will be very interesting to see what the antivaxers do with this.

[labroots.com]

skado 9 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another prime example of how stupidity can be the ruin and destruction of us. Stupidity kills not just the stupid be others as well especially children.

The folks who won't get vaccinated probably hate Bill Gates also. I'm indifferent to the guy, we all have our pros and cons, but he did sink A LOT of money into working to eradicate polio around the word. Yet here we are, looking at a possible wide spread community out break in an area with only 60% vaccinated against polio. WTF are these people thinking?!?
Just wait a whole industry will crop up for iron lungs, 7 colors and UBI ports🤬🤬🤬.

Oh yeah! The anti-vaxxers have been hating on Bill Gates almost since covid began. They claim he's the one responsible for putting microchips into the vaccines. Crazy! They wouldn't be microchips anyway, they'd be nano-bots.

Yet another way to remove idiots from the population.
I have Zero rat's asses to give.......
When I was young, polio was a Horror, we and our parents were So thrilled when the vaccines came out.......

Sad.

You may be sure pro-mandate types will not connect that those hesitant over covid so called vaccines have now lumped all vaccines together and so are hesitant about all.
Said it before, I have concluded covid-19 medicines should not be classed as vaccines as there is no long term immunity nor do they stop transmission. Yet much coercion has been applied and people degenerated because they question as I do. Is it really a surprise that a result of this loss of trust in medical science that other childhood vaccinations are now being affected?
By arguing against covid medicines being classed as vaccines, I am actually more pro-vaccines than some who scream for people to be forced to take covid medicines with coercion being applied as I could see this fall in proper vaccine uptake coming. Getting Rubella outbreaks also I see.
Don't die wondering.

puff Level 8 Aug 8, 2022

Back in the late 1960's chatting with my mom who had worked as an x-ray and my uncle who was a doctor they were both concerned back then about the over use of antibiotics. They rightly predicted there would be germs that would evade the drugs. Did not go so far as to use the term super bugs but then it was the late 1960's. And here we are, super bugs are a thing.

I've traveled in MANY less-fortunate nations (India, Nepal, multiple African countries) and have seen the result of polio. I sincerely wish these antivxers could be forced to watch beggars crawl along streets, asking for money or food. It's horrible (and frustrating) to see these people doomed to lives of misery simply because they didn't have access to what WE all have....namely, a simple stick in the arm and then, the assurance that at least a dozen viruses won't cripple, main or kill us!

Polio is a drop on the tongue when I last had a boost in 2008 (got every jab under the sun as I was living/ working in India)

@puff And I got mine on a sugar cube--it's been so long ago that I just assumed they've improved the process.

Did you love India? I'd go back in a minute, given the chance.

@LucyLoohoo I was working there under control of Bengali (high caste) bosses. Looking for gas it was in the armpit of the country. I had a horrible time, losing 12 Kg in 3 weeks my first hitch. The caste system drove me nuts. I was based in Kolkata and vividly recall when I first flew back to Bangkok and thought what a beautiful, clean city Bangkok is (which it's not, but is compared to Kolkata). The absence of constantly blaring car horns.
Always intended to go Kashmir/ Goa etc during my breaks there, but ended up on the first flight to Thailand to get out as quick as possible.
My arsehole Indian boss even sent a letter of complaint to Australia. My crime being giving my Nepalese driver some water from the "important people" fridge. He was really upset I did that.
Glad I had the experience, but won't be going back.

@puff I'm so sorry! OF COURSE it's over-crowded and noisy and dirty! It's also fascinating and did I mention that the food is sublime? (Well...unless you're losing weight already...so sorry about that.)
Kolkata's the toilet of India and I wish you'd seen the better parts. AND gone to Nepal.

@LucyLoohoo I met an Indian businessman at the airport and I told him where I was working eg Orrisa etc. He looked at me and said "WTF you go there for? Even Indians don't go there."
The best description of India I have heard is its confronting. It sure as shit confronted my belief in humanity, my morals, my senses especially smell etc.
It is an amazing place but as they say; Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

@puff Pity. I saw amazing history, culture, ate divine food, and was treated very kindly. It's a huge nation and I"m sorry you saw the worst part of it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680318
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.