Agnostic.com

9 1

Is Amazon Prime worth $119 yearly to get access to their entertainment.

Really they don't offer that many of new releases and you still have to pay a premium for some movies. I just canceled my renewal.

PickledRick 8 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Consider how much stuff I buy from Amazon.com and the 2 day free shipping -- I get more free stuff if I had to pay for shipping. I like the new version of The Tick on Amazon Prime.

I use it rarely and with a grudge .. I usually try to find the same thing on Ebay as most of the sellers cross over .. I also deal directly with the Chinese wholesalers who supply a lot of Amazons products..

Check out DHgate.com ... they sell in bulk and single items .. i have been registered including payment by my bank card for a while now (three years) and done some good business / found some bargains too ... well worth a look and good if you can get a collective togther who all want the same product. You can get good discounts ..

Watch ordering in bulk though and check your import costs if you do. They vary from country to country.

Boycott Amazon! They charged me for prime when I never signed up for it. They did the same to a friend of mine. Also, they kept charging me for something every month that I bought back in 2015. I called them to cancel it. and they started charging me again. quo incidence I think not. They are not satisfied with making $ on the level. They have to try to rip people off! Greddy greedy corporate pigs!

Mr-B Level 2 Apr 28, 2018

They are way to pricey for entertainment. I mean really ? But again I do have netflix myself and think they are to pricey too.

It makes it as expensive as Netflix with fewer choices. The recent 20% price increase may cause people to leave. Kind of like how when they tried to raise the minimum order amount to qulaify for free shipping really dropped the orders placed. In the end hey had to drop the minimum order amount for free shipping back to $25. They had raised it to $49, then dropped it back to $35, and than back to $25

Disney is putting together their own streaming service and are pulling their movies from other streaming services and prime channels on subscription TV services.

Not for the entertainment...but for the shipping. I've saved almost a 1K i just just shipping since I've become sick. But the there's not much to the prime entertainment arm IMHO!

Yes the content of program is lacking. Since I got Netflix I've watched Amazon twice, not worth it for that and Walmart is selling a lot on line with free shipping and fast shipping. They carry outsources just as Amazon does.

I suppose if you did the math on what your entertainment consumption would have cost you elsewhere you could make an intelligent decision on that. But if you are an Amazon shopper, being a prime member pays for itself pretty quickly with only the free 2-day shipping. The allied Prime benefits are all gravy beyond that, I believe. They are producing some good content themselves, have a lot of free content included with Prime, but also charge for a lot of content.

Yes. Just for the shipping. I take music and video as freebies on top of that. I also have an automated home with voice services thru Alexa. Massive convenience.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68315
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.