Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Scientific Breakthrough Against COVID-19: Antibodies Identified That May Make SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Unnecessary

I've been a fervent supporter of the vaccine, but I got an email saying the Moderna variant booster well be available shortly. That would make 5 shots, 3 this calendar year. It's getting to be a bit absurd, so this would be promising.

barjoe 9 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just got my updated Moderna booster today with a flu shot. Flu shoulder hurts more so far. That will change drastically soon enough. Tomorrow shoulder soreness will be the least of my worries as I lie in bed with chills. Fun times. Better than actually having flu and COVID at the same time.

I got my flu shot and there was no symptoms. My arm didn't even hurt. It's actually better if you have symptoms, it means your immune system is responding.

I would be getting an antbody count before a 5th jab

puff Level 8 Sep 9, 2022

@puff I'm assuming you never got any of the first 4. Insurance won't pay for antibody test.

@barjoe medicare won't cover it here either, but 100 and something bucks for a count..........not too painful.
Just be good to know if you actually need one as it will pick up any naturally acquired protection as well. It is not beyond the realm of possibility you unwittingly caught it and have the super dooper combination of antibodies already. Too much of a good thing not good for you either.
It would be unfortunate if cost is the deciding factor.

@puff in my case, I don't have $100 to waste on knowing my antibody count.

@barjoe Choice is nice

@puff If I could get it paid for I would. I need the money to pay my electric bill and buy food.

@barjoe Know what you mean. My teeth need work, have a public health system here but dental has about a 2 year waiting list, which is pretty useless. Not bad enough for emergency so I live with it.
I would still check out how much an antibody count would cost there, or else if in your situation I would be tempted to wait until next seasons jab, confident the strain kicking around now is far less virulent.
Whatever you think is best for you but they're your two realistic options as far as I can see; Get a 5th, 3rd in a year, or wait until next year.
Just my take, your life.

@puff They don't cover dental and I don't have dental insurance. It is easy to get an appointment. I'm schedule in 2 weeks and that's $100. You're supposed to go twice a year so that 2 year waiting list doesn't sound like it works very well.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:685834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.