Agnostic.com

1 2

One good reason why Westernized countries have out of control, hyper inflation.

Castlepaloma 8 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That doesn't make Putin an economist. We've know that for years. It's caused by Republican refusal to raise taxes and Democratic refusal to cap spending. Simplistic but that's the bottom line.
Higher taxes will rob the economy of some of it's vitality, true, but the government needs the money.
It's also true spending is out of control. Democrats are blamed for that. So there has to be a compromise: taxes (revenue) have to go up, spending has to go down.
Democrats are willing, Republicans are not.
So the problem will remain unsolved, and sooner or later will come to a head. It's not going to be pretty.

It wouldn't matter if it was left or right in control. Most financial expert know we are due for a collapse.

@Castlepaloma I think it would matter if we had a parliamentary system, which is not unwittingly set up to encourage polarization. The way it is today in the U.S., the one side is almost always vehementally opposed to the other side's initiatives. Compromise is strongly discouraged. This means the middle ground is abandoned, and there is rarely consensus or continuity of policy, which lurches back and forth, depending which extreme ideology is is the majority at the moment.
A parliamentary system is one of coalition-building, which not only enourages compromise, it demands it.

@Storm175

I only have faith and trust in the collective consciousness of the people, not the Government or our owners , who owns you and me.

@Castlepaloma The "collective consciousness of the people" would be better represented by a better, more democratic, system of government. The U.S. system is dysfunctional and getting less and less democratic every day. The human race and the planet itself cannot afford policies shaped by superstition and greed. These are the kinds of policies the U.S. system produces.

@Storm1752

Most People have the delusion of rights and freedom, we have privileges. Democracy died with Abraham Lincoln was assassinated and US Corp claimed marshail law and drew miltary complex a major war every year for control of the people, not for the people. A president is of a corporation, not of a country.

The Government only owns 30% of me financially, they did own 50% of me when I was making millions. They don't own me intellectually, spiritual, physically, or my love one realationships . As long as pharmaceutical pay double vs. the lobbyists as oil and gas, the Government will be own by large corporation constantly, not own by the people. Mexican President does not accept Pharmaceutical over lords and mexican politicians don't cross the line like the American politicians do all the time.

@Castlepaloma Even though I lived in Mexico for six years, Idk about corruption down there. There must be some, but no clue.
I'm not saying the Democrats are immune to the legalized corruption up here; it's built into the election process itself, for crying out loud. There's no escaping it. Play ball or you're out.
I think their policies are preferable, but I'm not naive about it. It's not enough, in any event, and it's scary to think what the future holds.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686025
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.