Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK The-holocaust-and-the-current-rise-in-antisemitism

Brutal. It seems to me that America has never been the welcoming place we claim to be. We are not. The crime is only in telling ourselves what we are obviously not.

rainmanjr 8 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My Mom's family came through Ellis Island when it Was a welcoming place. One Upon A Time.

They probably weren't Jews, then. Not many were accepted.

@rainmanjr this was Well before then.....1910-ish

Some of us want America to welome others; some of us don’t.

If I want to pay employees less, I want more people coming to America.

If I want to be paid more, I want fewer people coming to America.

It’s the economy, friend.

@yvilletom Can you agree there's humanitarian reasons to grant asylum? To prevent mass genocide like during the Holocaust? We currently have a labor shortage for low wage jobs. I never bought into the argument, they had jobs Americans wouldn't do. I'm proven wrong. There's a labor shortage in that segment of the job market. Immigrants would vastly improve our economy.

@barjoe Immigration from some parts of the world would help our economy more than immigration from other parts of the world. You decide whether I’m a racist. I’m not wealthy enough to have humanitarian reasons.

@yvilletom Didn't say anything about you. I did ask if you supported asylum for humanitarian reasons. I never mentioned wealth or race.

we need immigrants to do the work some of us won't do they work hard to make something of themselves

@barjoe How would immigrants “vastly improve our economy”?

@whiskywoman Conservatism is not all bad.

@yvilletom Because part of the supply chain problems are labor shortages. Help in that area could improve supply chain which is a major cause for inflation.

@barjoe These probably central and south American asylum-seeking immigrants leave tyrannical, corrupt governments in their home countries. Probably Catholic they increase the numbers of slavish Catholic workers here.
Where are the American workers who won’t do the jobs the immigrants do?

@yvilletom Nobody wants to work low paying jobs for the last two years. That is not up for debate.

@yvilletom not at all we need conservatives

@yvilletom americans don't want menial low paying jobs like picking crops for nothing or cleaning offices and janitors of course some do but not most of us

[pbs.org]

The main event is a bit longer.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.