Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Senate's Electoral Count Act reform heads for broad bipartisan vote

The Senate’s bill to reform how Congress certifies presidential elections is on track to pass the chamber by a comfortable margin after advancing out of committee on Tuesday.

Why it matters: The bill would significantly raise the threshold for members of Congress to object to Electoral College votes and clarify the vice president’s role in the process as purely ceremonial as a remedy for the events of Jan. 6, 2021. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Now all we have to do is allow people to mail-in vote on a Federal level. If things go well in Nov, for Dems, then we have time to get that done. Problems solved.

I'd like to think so. However, I don't think the republicans are done obstructing any legislation they didn't introduce themselves.

@snytiger6 I'm getting the impression people are tired of the Party Of Death so any obstruction would serve to weaken them still further.

Why it might make things worse. This is Congress for God's sake, they haven't passed a straightforward bill in decades: [democracydocket.com]

Hopefully, that will prevent morons like 45 from claiming the election was stolen and take the lose like a man. I know I'm tired of all his bitching about it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:688671
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.