Agnostic.com

3 13

This is probably duplicate but I couldn't pass it up anyway.

Lorajay 9 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Someone has said that a philosopher looking for the ultimate truth is like a blind man on a dark night searching in a subterranean cave for a black cat that is not there. Those Gnostics, however, were theologians rather than philosophers, and so—they found the cat!

“Since Calvary: An Interpretation of Christian History” by Lewis Browne 1931.

BUT the best version ever is from the great Dave Allen

Then:

The universe is largely dark.

Life is like being in a dark room.

Quantum physics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat in a black box and the box, the cat, the room and you are either there or not.

Agnosticism is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there and when a theist says, "I found it", you can't decide whether to talk to a quantum physicist, a fairy at the bottom of the garden, or a supreme being.

Zen buddhism is like the room isn't dark and the cat isn't black it's your perception and ability to describe and comprehend.

Photography (a few decades ago) was like being in a darkroom and waiting for the image of a cat to appear in a tray full of smelly chemicals.

skado Level 9 Oct 4, 2022

I remember that dark room well. When you turned on the lights huge roaches ran everywhere.

@Lorajay I will like to die now pls 😳
Y roaches ????

@Pralina1 they were attracted by the water that mixed in with the chemicals. They were all some special breed all of them were at least an inch and a half long. I forgot to mention it was one of my first jobs and one of my functions was stripping negatives. My boss loved to introduce me as his stripper.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:689581
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.