Agnostic.com

1 3
Some Townes van Zandt for a Monday afternoon. He's another who should have been around a lot longer. :'(
Organist1 8 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A lovely folk song and I enjoy his playing. His style is somewhat similar to mine except I play on a classical guitar without finger picks.

I had no idea this group existed!

My finger picking style, too. Imiss TVZ. He died too young.

@Organist1 I taught myself and three others at school to play Peter Paul and Mary songs. It was 1963 and Beatles and Stones were still unknown. I resolved to not use a pick for ten years. I learned Thumb plus three right hand picking by watching a boy doing an exercise for classical. My left hand does flamenco chording because a boy had been taught in Spain.

@rogerbenham I learned fingerpicking when I was 12 at The Main Point in Bryn Mawr, PA, where I went for guitar lessons. What a place! My teacher was George Britton. That was in 1965, at the beginning of lots of things.

@Organist1 Bryn Mawr sounds very Welsh. I never had a lesson so you probably play far better than I do. The only question would be whether I compose better since I really do not care what the printed notes that I play are. I'd not be able to read them anyway. I started before you but folk music became my thing and I evolved into a Traditional British/Celtic folk singer. Now I compose in the Baroque style (going for broke) and sing little. I sang in a Cathedral choir largely by ear. If in doubt, make it up. I was (then) note-perfect so I got away with a lot.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.