Agnostic.com

3 3

A recent essay in the National Geographic, β€œInto a Shadow Realm,” was about a archeological dig at Rathcroghan [rathcroghan.ie] Apparently we owe our Halloween festival on the Irish and the festival of Samhain. Samhain is a pagan religious festival originating from an ancient Celtic spiritual tradition. In modern times, Samhain (a Gaelic word pronounced β€œSAH-win&rdquoπŸ˜‰ is usually celebrated from October 31 to November 1 to welcome in the harvest and usher in β€œthe dark half of the year.” Celebrants believe that the barriers between the physical world and the spirit world break down during Samhain, allowing more interaction between humans and denizens of the Otherworld.

JackPedigo 9 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because I am a student, it is crucial to me that the service I use for writing my projects takes into account both the pricing and the customer reviews. I explored a few different services before settling on writing a nursing care plan because of their fast turnaround. My pals seem to like them quite a bit, so I chose this service.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for recommendation

I loved it. I sent it to a friend who is organising a pagan group hoping to build a pagan home. To me it is fun but just another religion.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690806
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.