Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK DeSantis changes voting rules for some Fla. counties hit by Ian - The Washington Post

(Now he favors making voting easier, but only in three highly republican mahority counties...)

Gov. Ron DeSantis is making it easier for voters to cast ballots in three southwestern Florida counties that were hit hard by Hurricane Ian and are bastions for GOP support, sparking criticism that he is “politicizing a natural disaster.”

More than 1 million voters in Charlotte, Sarasota and Lee counties will have more time to get to the polls for early voting in the upcoming general election and will have more ways to file a mail-in ballot under the order the Republican governor signed Wednesday.

Some of the accommodations being offered run counter to recently enacted voting laws pushed by DeSantis and passed by the GOP-led state legislature. Among those laws is one that limits drop boxes, called “ballot intake stations” in the law. ...

snytiger6 9 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just a stunt to get elected. He don't give a damn about anything else.

Voting regulations should be equal across the state. If not then the election is illegitimate. That’s my opinion but I think god has voted 🗳

Yeah. If you go back to Bush v. Gore, the courts said you can't only pick particular counties that are to your best advantage for a recount, so I suspect the same is true for allowing ease of access to voting.

BTW, although the supreme court declared Bush won in 2000, the Associated Press (SP) paid for a full recount for the entire state, and Bush actually lost Floridaby just over 200 votes, which means Al Gore should have won. However, the AP published their recount results on September 12th, 2001, the day after the 9-11 attack, and so nobody was about to challenge the legitimacy of the 2000 election right after the attack happened.

@snytiger6 Even Gore didn't wait for this recount. He folded before it happened.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691086
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.