Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK How Some Words Get Forgetted - YouTube

Learning about Dipp's Law...

snytiger6 9 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interestingly, the word "wedded" shows up in Dylan Thomas' poem "A Winter's Tale", written 80 some years ago.

Fascinating! I'm glad we don't have cases, as in German.

German is relatively easy, as foreign languages go. It's the articles verbs go that create havoc. In Farsi there are no articles.

@JackPedigo Easy for you to say, lol! Icelandic is supposed to be difficult. I find it easy to read and pronounce, but can't speak it conversationally.

@Organist1 Seems like German all letters have a set pronunciation. Once one gets how a letter is pronounced one can read. Another common element for many languages is having the verb at the end of the sentence.
No it's not easy. I once asked a German friend how do they distinguish between the gender of the article (der, die or das - masculine, feminine or neutral). He said most of the time they just wing it. I often have to use a dictionary when writing.

Still much better than French!!!!!!!!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691624
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.