Agnostic.com

2 3

This appalling Sentence needs to be removed from the 13th Amendment..

[aol.com]

More than 150 years after slaves were freed in the U.S., voters in five states will soon decide whether to close loopholes that led to the proliferation of a d...

Charlene 9 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate algorithms.

I searched on how much do incarcerated people pay for being in prison, and the algorithm changed that to how much do incarcerated people earn for being in prison. Dammit!

I am going to disagree....use them to clean debris, build access roads, etc....my tax dollars should do more than allow them to workout in the prison yard/gym 6 hours a day......or give themselves tatoos, or gang up on more hapless prisoners.
Pay them something, that they can access upon release or every year for lifers

Well, when you pair it with their crusade to make so many things a felony, they might just build up a new labor force of slaves. There's already a big labor force of slaves in prison.

Hmm.I'd rather they spend their day getting an education, or a GED diploma, or an apprenticeship in a manual labor or fire fighting or Law ..they already receive money for time spent behind bars, I think it's a dollar a day..they need sustainable jobs/housing upon release..not just an overburdened parole officer, and the streets..
Let the people doing Community Service judgement clean up highway litter..

@AnneWimsey I agree Prison labour is not a bad thing, however prison slavery is.
Paying prisoners a reasonable living wage in order for them to buy luxuries and or send money to dependents is a good thing and sets in place a work ethic, exploitation just builds up resentment and recidivism

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691890
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.