Agnostic.com

1 1

US Senate candidate Diane Sare, is the founder and co-director of the Schiller Institute New York City Chorus, in a recent interview by Sputnik news claims that "American democracy is a fraud". She is obviously not getting fair representation in the American press?

Amongst many things she criticises current culture cancel as follows:
"Cancelling great artists or great writers, whether it's Tchaikovsky, the Bolshoi Ballet, Tolstoy, or Dostoevsky, she added, is "very ugly" because culture is universal among human beings.
"So, trying to stop this, to nullify it, you really are limiting the ability for human beings to communicate with each other in the domain where we have common interests and a common identity," she added.
Sare went on to say that 2024 will mark the 200th anniversary of of the Missa Solemnis of Beethoven, which was premiered in St. Petersburg.
"It was written for that chorus because the chorus in St. Petersburg in 1824 probably was the best chorus in the world," she said. "Beethoven is slandered all the time, because the vocal parts in this piece are so difficult. Everyone said he was crazy. He didn't understand the singing voice. No, he was writing it for the best chorus in the world. Now, I think this is incredible. We just had the 250 year anniversary of Beethoven, which we didn't celebrate properly because of the pandemic. But what an extraordinary thing. Shouldn't we be collaborating to celebrate the 200 year anniversary of this masterpiece, and the legacy of the history of the choral tradition in St. Petersburg, and probably we're not even allowed to talk about it?"
Sare said it is impossible to erase somebody's culture.
"The media, the news media are really making a terrible mistake. They think that they control the narrative because they control the airwaves," she said.
Since the beginning of Russia's special military operation in Ukraine, performances of many representatives of Russian arts and culture, ballet troupes, and musicians have been canceled, while works of Russian composers Pyotr Tchaikovsky, Dmitri Shostakovich, and Sergei Rachmaninoff have been removed from posters.
Idea of Democracy in US 'Complete Fraud'
The affirmations that the United States has democracy is a complete fraud in light of the challenges third party candidates face in trying to run for office, Sare told Sputnik.
"I want the world to know that the idea of democracy in the United States is a complete fraud," Sare said. "I'm telling you this without saying anything about what happened in 2020, but merely my own experience, what I had to do to get on the ballot, and then a blatantly rigged opinion poll to keep me out of the debate."
Sare said in order to get on the ballot she had to get triple the signatures of the Democrats and Republicans. They were only required to get 15,000 signatures in a statewide race, whereas Sare was required to get 45,000 signatures in six weeks.
"They had many minor parties which people have heard of - the Libertarian Party, the Green Party, the Serve America party. Not one minor party succeeded to make this threshold. It was designed to silence debate," she said. "They were frankly very unhappy that I succeeded. I did not pay anyone. I had a full volunteer force and we turned in 66,000 signatures."" End quotes.

Read the full report at [sputniknews.com]

See also [sareforsenate.com]

FrayedBear 9 Nov 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She is as important in U.S. politics as I am, i.e. not at all.

She has said that also: ""I want the world to know that the idea of democracy in the United States is a complete fraud," Sare said. "I'm telling you this without saying anything about what happened in 2020, but merely my own experience, what I had to do to get on the ballot, and then a blatantly rigged opinion poll to keep me out of the debate."
Sare said in order to get on the ballot she had to get triple the signatures of the Democrats and Republicans. They were only required to get 15,000 signatures in a statewide race, whereas Sare was required to get 45,000 signatures in six weeks." Diane Sare
Incidentally I do not agree with many of her espoused policies.

As I said, she is not a factor at all. Her opinion is as watched as is your's, i.e. not at all.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:693624
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.