Agnostic.com

3 1

So here's a question to the group. I like to tell jokes but of course you can't tell all kinds of jokes to strangers or people you don't know very well. Routinely, when I don't tell a joke that has sex or innuendo in it, it's inevitably called a dad joke. So, are all jokes that don't have sex or a swear word or innuendo in them dad jokes?

lerlo 8 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dad jokes are in fashion so people naturally attribute any non-sexual humor to being a Dad joke. 10 years ago no one had ever heard of a Dad joke. A joke was either a joke or a dirty joke.

Not in the social circles in which I move. My jokes are often referred to as "grown jokes". (Think about it.)

I don't think so!... Although this depends on the generation of your audience, don't forget that each has its own vocabulary and standards of communication, including humor/joking.

Diaco Level 7 Nov 12, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:695163
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.