Agnostic.com

9 3

Have you ever considered that we are all just monkeys with airplanes and guns?

JLFowler 6 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not monkeys but great apes with better brains and the compacity to develop myths to explain what is not explainable at the time.

I love it that the argument I'm getting is that we're not monkeys we're great apes.

Beasts with big brains.

That's pretty much what we are, really. Shaved apes.

WW1 was a 19th-century war fought with 20th-century weapons ie walking into machine guns playing instruments.

Maybe just smarter animals.

Most definitely,I read recently that human brains have not evolved much since the caveman .That might sound like a long time but in evolutionary terms it is short .Our technology and culture have outpaced our intellect and we have created an unnatural invironment that includes technology that we use with a cavemans mentality.

Our difference from the other great apes is our pineal gland. It allows us to communicate across generations with speech, and writing. O and we're much, much weaker.

Minor correction: we are apes, not monkeys.

Yes, we are apes, but very special ones.

We are the only animal (apes included) that has not only the ability, but the need to use reason. Chimpanzees can abstract (sign language), but only humans can abstract abstractions. A chimp can abstract - can learn the sign for "banana" or "eat", etc., but can't ever understand what philosophy, science, engineering, religion, and other abstract concepts are.

Chimps can learn to count (not very high), but cannot learn arithmetic. Of course, they don’t need to be able to do these things – but humans do.

Yes, we have airplanes and guns. But only humans can build them and learn their proper use.

We need to use the one thing that we must use to survive - our minds.

I think that's a pretty offensive thing to say... offensive to the monkeys, that is.

Not offensive to monkeys - they wouldn't understand the concept. But your statement is humorous - to people, that is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.