Agnostic.com

2 2

Pearl Harbor 81st anniversary.
Around 8 a.m. on Dec. 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service. The attack led to thousands of deaths and the United States formal entry into World War II.-
[en.as.com]

SpikeTalon 9 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a stupid move on the part of the Japanese. I’ve often wondered how long it would have taken us to enter the war if it hadn’t happened.

I've often marveled at how different the mentality of the Japanese people is today compared to those from that era. Today they are so polite, apologetic, anti-violence etc. , while every thing you read about how they were then is practically the exact opposite. Grant it I really don't know for sure what they as a whole were really like back then. The ones in their military then could have been the same as now, but forced to perform atrocities by their military commanders. I am willing to bet they didn't have the option of being a Conscientious Objector as Americans did. I have a feeling they would have been executed on the spot. Oh how times have changed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699150
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.