Agnostic.com

5 6

People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.”

Katie454 4 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Define "soul," please.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 19, 2022

Hello Socrates

We are independent organisms, able to survive without companions even though social creatures.
A soul mate is like changing from an independent into a symbiotic organism, no longer singular existing in this life.
I think that ideal of a soul mate is everyone's yearning not to exist alone.

puff Level 8 Dec 8, 2022

The concept of soul mates is romantic but unrealistic. Best to find someone who is caring, kind, compassionate, who shares common interests and beliefs. Not a mirror but a companion and friend

Soulmates is a fantasy pushed by Disney movies, stupid romance novels, rom-coms and advertisements.

Suddenly I'm running in a flowery field, violin music soaring, butterflies and birds fluttering about, wearing a long white dress with flowers in my hair, sunlight glinting on my flowing locks (magically not tripping) and into the arms of... STOP.

What's that tingly feeling? Ticks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699344
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.