Agnostic.com

2 1

This from 1994

[facebook.com]

puff 8 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spare me. Perpetual motion machines are nonsense.

Tell the seven seas which I believe are in perpetual motion.

@puff No they're not, they are driven by energy from the Sun, when it's gone their motion will cease.

@Druvius Tis the moon not the sun that affects tides.

@puff No its both.

Whatever happened with that?

I dare say someone from the oil industry bought the patent then secreted it away

They used to have an inventors show here in Oz like 20+ years ago. Remember seeing this guy had made a cylinder made of prisms directing sunlight to the center, about 30cm diameter. There he had black pipe with the idea you have oil in it which can be super heated. He reckoned 3 meters of his cylinder in the sun was enough to heat the oil enough it could then be run through water to generate steam ie generate electricity. Spent an afternoon on the net looking for that episode, no-where to be found.

@puff Oil industry blocked it or...it didn't really work.

@FvckY0u 1994

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700448
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.