Agnostic.com

4 11

Another Myth - Busted...

FrostyJim 8 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Exactly.

Betty Level 8 Dec 17, 2022

I always loved that show.

Religion has steadfastly failed to meet that burden of proof for the last 5,000 years.

The religious have no burden to prove anything to anyone. Religion is a dance. If you don’t enjoy dancing, stay home. But don’t expect the dancers to prove to you that dancing is desirable. They have no more obligation to do that than you do to dance.

skado Level 9 Dec 16, 2022

Nope... prove me wrong - I'll wait

@FrostyJim

Nope what? Prove what wrong?

@skado - you are wrong again ...I am waiting?

@skado So if I say deities absolutely positively are an impossibility and do not exist, you won't say I have to prove that?

@FrostyJim
Looks like you’re going to have a long wait.

@barjoe
Correct. I won’t say you have to prove that. You have no obligation to prove anything to me.

@skado Just for kicks and giggles, let's see how long it takes for someone to ask for proof of this post. I Know There Is No God.

@barjoe
OK. Let’s.

@skado I hope no-one takes me seriously. It is how I feel but I'd never be so presumptuous as to really make a cocky comment like that.

@skado it took a while, but we have a winner!

@barjoe
I still haven’t figured out what point you’re making that has anything to do with me or my comments.

@skado I thought everyone would demand proof. It took awhile. Your comment was that there was no need for proof of God. I thought you were wrong, but apparently you were right.

@barjoe
Thanks, but I wasn't really saying there is never any need for proof of God, but rather that no one has any obligation to provide that proof to anyone. People can ask for it, but no one has any "burden" to supply it. And no one has any burden to be in possession of it before living a religious life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700629
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.