Agnostic.com

2 1

Is New Years, the secular time of renewal & goal setting, the true Holiday for Agnostics & Atheists?[agnostic.com]

Remiforce 7 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a calendar reset. That's all. In some parts of the country it's cold. At one time in my life it was an excuse to get drunk and party. A ritual. Nothing more.

For me it is that exactly. I take the 12 days between the Natural New Year and the Calendar New Year to reflect on my personal values for a few moments each evening. (I have settled on 12 that I focus on) Then on New Year's Day I define some resolutions I want to keep for the coming year, to be the best me I can be, reflecting my ideals.

I'll never be perfect (no one is) and I no longer expect myself to be so, but it's fun to set aside some time to define and refine who I want to be and how I might like to be remembered.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:701617
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.