Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Had COVID? You’ll probably make antibodies for a lifetime

I was in China from November 2019 until March 2020 during the pandemic outbreak. I contracted the virus in during the first week of February 2020 and experienced extreme fatigue for the first two weeks. Around the beginning of the third week I awoke one afternoon because I experienced breathing difficulty. I did not go to the local hospital as I learned that they were inundated with patients lying in the waiting area and on corridor floors.

In 2021 I decided to take with the AstraZeneca vaccine, a decision that I did not take lightly as I have three allergies, two of which are classed as severe, fortunately I experienced no side effects.

Although retired I have seasonal employment for 6 – 8 months of the year. One of the conditions of my employment was that I had to take a lateral flow test every day. Two weeks after my seasonal contract came to an end I was still testing every day for Sars-Cov-2 and one day I got a positive result. After two PCR Tests and two blood antibody tests it was confirmed that I have two lots of antibodies, one made by my body’s T-Cells and the other by a vaccine. The report stated wrongly that I was infected by the virus in the past six months.

I have a few friends who are medical doctors and academic scientists and I put it to them that my natural antibodies were from the first infection and not six months ago as the test report stated, they all agreed. Natural antibodies can last for decades.
Before I read the following linked article I came to the same conclusion in October 2021.

ASTRALMAX 8 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Likely the virus will also keep mutating. This is a pretty adaptable virus, not a clod like smallpox or polio that we can knock out with one punch. This one is with us for the long haul.

I've had all the vaccinations and boosters. I've still gotten it twice. The first time was before the vaccinations were available. It was MUCH MUCH worse. The second time was mostly mild. Different mutations are able to be contracted by the body and cause illness.

The question is antibodies against what variation? seems to be true without the mutation factor!

Diaco Level 7 Dec 29, 2022

Unvaccinated people who contracted SARS-Cov-2 and recovered have natural antibodies and how well they perform with mutuations compared to those who are vaccinated remains to be seen when further studies have been conducted.

I'm pretty sure I contracted covid-19 in early January 2020, after sharing a 10+hour plane ride seated next to a very sick man who had spent the last 3 months touring China and was on his way to home to New York by way of Auckland NZ and Honolulu Hawaii.

I was so sick with nausea, high fever and wet cough, plus I also had spots on my torso, so I went to urgent care when I got back home to Kauai, thinking maybe it was measles.

They called in the CDC and gave me a nasal swab test though didn't tell me why... Turns out we didn't have any test kits anyway. This is before the public knew anything about covid-19. They also quarantined me in the examination room for 2 hours and then sent me home to quarantine for 6 days. No mention of a mysterious illness that was to become a world wide epidemic. I was sick for the next several weeks, but not bad enough to be hospitialized.

Besides my encounter with the sick seat mate who had been traveling around China, I had spent the previous 2 weeks in a vacation rental house with 11 family members, all international travelers, who had recently traveled and were recovering from some sickness, though my grandson was still sick and went to the doctor twice while we were in NZ. I had contracted whatever they had, so was sick for most of that trip. We now wonder if it might have been covid by way of Europe and then I caught an additional strain from the guy on the plane.

During the course of the time I was sick, I started seeing news reports of this corona virus, and started to wonder if that is what I had. We didn't have test kits available for several weeks, but when we did get them in, I asked to be tested, since I was still sick, but was told no, since I hadn't been to China myself, only sat next to someone who had been traveling through China. Um, okay, but he was sick, so...

I later realized that perhaps the spots, high fever and nausea I was experiencing after my travels, were some kind of reaction to fighting off whatever it was, maybe a cytokine storm.

It wasn't until June of 2020 that I finally took a rapid antibody test, and it came back negative. I asked the doctor who administered the 15 second test, and he said that test would only catch antibodies up to a few weeks after illness, so I think it had just been too long and my antibodies didn't show up. I'm kicking myself for not springing for the more accurate full blood draw test, but it's all too long ago now. Whether I had Covid-19 or not, I'll never know, but I sure as heck got vaccinated as soon as I could.

If I'm doubly protected, then great, because I never want to be that sick again.

Glad you are still here. Cytokine storm is one of the deadliest complications.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:702481
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.