Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders signs executive order banning use of 'Latinx' - Washington Times

(As a part of the republican was on the LGBT+ community...)

In one of her first executive orders, Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders has barred the term “Latinx” from all state government documents.

The Republican’s executive order points out that “according to Pew Research, only 3% of American Latinos and Hispanics use the word ‘Latinx’ to describe themselves,” and as such the term should be considered “ethnically insensitive and pejorative language.”

Mrs. Sanders took the oath of office on Tuesday.

All Arkansas state offices, agencies, and departments are now required to review their documentation, send the findings about the previous use of “Latinx” in a report to the governor’s office, and replace any and all instances of the term with forms of “Hispanic” or “Latino/Latina” within 60 days of the order being signed.

The word was invented to provide a gender-neutral term for the Hispanic community; as opposed to English, most Spanish words are gendered as male or female.

(She is in effect trying to remove terminology that recognizes or acknowledges transgender persons.)

snytiger6 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Latinos don't like Latinx, I'm told, but Dems insist this is proper and "the right thing to do." I suggest we drop it and stop being pushy on what's right to do.

One of my frat brothers was from South America and later transitioned to become a woman, and she preferred Latinx. The Latino/Latina cultures are generally homophobic, and persons who aren't LGBT+ generally don't like it, because of cultural homophobia. However, I think people should be able to identify as they choose, whether or not other peopld from theri culture is comfortable with it.

@snytiger6 I think this is a fine example of why humans can't get along.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:704575
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.