Agnostic.com

7 4

Was wondering

I work on an Indian Reservation. There are all sorts coming and going to convert and save the Natives. A group of ladies Jehovah Witnesses about once a week....all in skirts or dresses. Are they not allowed to wear pants?

annedoneal 6 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think it's a rule per se, you probably won't find it in writing that women aren't allowed to wear pants but it's part of the culture because it's so heavily implied it through teachings from their platforms and pictures in their literature. They use the same tactics with men to try to make it seem as though growing a beard is a bad thing. They'll even go so far as to tell someone who doesn't follow the counsel of the elders that they don't qualify for 'privileges' which are things things you need to do if you ever want to be an elder or viewed as exemplary. I've never seen an elder with a beard, and in a brochure picture they depicted a woman wearing what I would call dress pants like the type you'd see in a professional setting..they circled those pants along with other things like a golf shirt on a man and said these things overly casual. It's a very controlling environment.

zing Level 6 May 2, 2018

No, I don't believe they can, based on there cult dogma. JW seem sexist, along with narrow minded.

Why are they allowed anywhere near the reservation with or without pants?

When I see them coming to my door, I make sure I'm not wearing pants, too.

Or anything else.

I rarely see them twice.

While not absolutely certain, I don't think they are allowed to wear pants out in public. What a rotten thing to do to the natives, I hope they ignore the JW cultists.

They are not NOT allowed to wear pants, but the JW's have a way of conforming behavior. I was one from birth to 17.

Proto Level 6 Apr 30, 2018

No they are generally not supposed to wear pant. If they do it's dress pants but generally its skirts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70459
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.