Agnostic.com

2 7

Rare green comet not seen since the Stone Age will zoom overhead tonight. Here's how to watch.

If you're a star watcher, don't miss this opportunity. Starting in the predawn hours of Jan. 12, the comet could be visible near the northern sky constellation Corona Borealis and then will move westward as time goes on, according to Live Science's sister site Space.com. If viewing conditions aren't ideal in your area, you can tune in to a livestream provided by the Virtual Telescope Project, which will start Jan. 12 at 11 p.m. ET.

Here's the article: [livescience.com]

TheoryNumber3 8 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The live stream is the only way I'm gonna be able to view it. True to form, not just cloudy but dense fog will keep me from viewing another night sky wonder. 😟

Not quite. It's too dim now to be seen except in binoculars. The best chance is the end of the month when it will be closer to the earth. The chart for ZTF in January. During January evenings the little dipper will be hanging downward so adjust your view. The close up photo of the little dipper should be turned so the bowl of the dipper is downward towards the northern horizon. In the star photo the comet should be at it's brightest when it is closest to the north star, Polaris. happy hunting.

I was directing everyone to the live stream

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:704591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.