Agnostic.com

6 2

Supreme Court takes up Christian postal worker's religious claim
The employee, who objected to working on Sundays for religious reasons, claims the U.S. Postal Service did not do enough to accommodate his wishes.

[nbcnews.com]

xenoview 8 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not exactly new in 2011 Billy Hyatt, of Tunnel Hill north Georgia, filed a federal lawsuit alleging his religious rights were violated when a manager at Berry Plastics Corp. tried to force him to wear a H&S sticker with the number 666 on it. Hyatt says his boss told him it's just a sticker. "Well it's not just a sticker. 666 is the mark of the beast," he said

In 2013 Walter Slonopas, 52, resigned as a maintenance worker at Contech Casting LLC in Clarksville after his W-2 tax form and works ID badge was stamped with the number 666.
Slonopas said that after getting the W-2, he could either go to work or go to hell. "If you accept that number, you sell your soul to the devil," he said.

In November 2017 Three Square Market (also known as 32M), a Wisconsin-based technology company, announced that it was implanting identification and onsite purchase microchips under the skin of its employees between the right thumb and forefinger. Many employees immediately resigned believing they were being given the "Mark of the beast" as predicted in the book of Revelation 13:16-17
16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Religious people are ridiculous

So don't make them work on Sundays. Let them have the whole week off, permanently.

And say to them as they leave the building "So long, loser!".

Seems to me we are in an entitled era.

Betty Level 8 Jan 14, 2023

I wonder if such people now feel emboldened by the likes of QAnon and the Proud Boys.

@anglophone That is part of it. The other part is the cancel culture that makes them feel they are entitled just because they say so.

I am a Muslim, and you expect me to work on a Friday? Fuck right off, you infidel scum!

So sick of these entitled scumbags.
Fuck. Them. All.

I'm suing you for making me work on what my imaginary friend calls a magical day, even though doing so was in the job description when I took the job. You're evil gimme money!!!!

FUCK OFF dick head

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:704877
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.