Agnostic.com

8 8

A chat with ChatGPT. I was chatting about religion and then abortion. It was telling me science, philosophy, and religion inform as to when human life begins. So I asked;

how is a perspective based upon gibberish in the bible on the same level with scientific discovery and what is scientifically known and accepted as true?

It said;

A perspective on when human life begins based on religion is not on the same level as scientific discovery, as it is not backed by evidence and is based on beliefs and interpretations of religious texts rather than facts and data. Science relies on evidence, experimentation and observation to establish facts, while religious beliefs are based on faith and tradition. While some people may use religious beliefs to inform their perspective on when human life begins, it is important to recognize that it is not a scientific perspective and should not be used to make decisions that affect the lives of others.

Thank you ChatGPT

FvckY0u 8 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's fascinating how AI can engage in discussions on complex topics like religion and abortion. I've used ai writing tools for various writing tasks, and it's amazing to see AI's ability to provide insights on such sensitive subjects. It definitely opens up new perspectives and makes for interesting dialogues.

Cool, I might have to look into ChatGPT.

You won’t be disappointed.

I never thought to ask ChatGPT about God or religion. Now I am also interested in the answer of this bot.

I also asked ChatGPT.
I asked: "Can God be considered energy from the point of view of science?"
And the bot answered: "No, God is not considered to be energy from a scientific point of view. Science deals with empirical, verifiable data, and there's currently no scientific evidence to support the existence of God. The scientific inquiry into the nature of the universe and its workings doesn't include concepts that are outside of the physical and natural world."

And you know, I do not know what else to ask about this. But even so, I like to ask Aquila bot such questions.

What was the answer?

Actually the babble states (OT) that life begins with the first breath, and in another area sets the monetary value that must be paid if someone causes a miscarriage (by fighting for example). Very practical and sensible IMO.
One could only wish these rabid anti-abortionists would read the damn thing!

I just asked it:

Is there a biological basis for religion?

It answered:

“There is ongoing research into the potential biological basis for religious beliefs and behaviors. Some theories propose that certain cognitive and neural mechanisms, such as pattern recognition and the tendency to attribute agency to natural events, may have evolved in early humans and led to the development of religious beliefs. Other theories suggest that religious beliefs and practices may have provided evolutionary advantages, such as promoting social cohesion and cooperation. However, the relationship between biology and religion is complex and not fully understood, and further research is needed to fully explore the potential biological basis for religion.”
-ChatGPT

This answer is as close to current scholarship as I have been able to determine. Pretty impressive!

skado Level 9 Jan 26, 2023

Very cool! I didn’t know about this. I just signed up.
Thanks.

skado Level 9 Jan 26, 2023

ChatGPT is a great app and have been using it for two weeks. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:706641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.