Agnostic.com

1 2

So I have been reading Dan Simmons Hyperion series. Loved the first book despite the quasi-religious themes. Second book was ok but the religious themes got even more overt. Now I just started Endymion, the third one, and the religion is very blatant. There was a time when I appreciated that sort of thing in literature, like The Grapes of Wrath or even The Master and Margareita. But I have come to realize that the bible is actually poorly written in most places and I no longer consider it literature at all (I have read the whole thing over the years) with a few exceptions like The Book of John and maybe Genesis or Kings. Overall I no longer appreciate JC stand-ins (or John the Baptist or anything similar) in the books I read. Don't know if I will finish Endymion. How does everyone else feel about overtly religious (or even covertly) themes in their media?

towkneed 7 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It triggers my PTSD so I avoid media with religious themes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:708123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.