Agnostic.com

5 17

This bares repeating as often as it can be heard.

glennlab 10 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I once inquired why “In God We Trust” is printed on your dollar notes I was told that it is because everybody else has to pay.

THANK YOU!

Just the mere fact the First Amendment of the Constitution reaffirms the freedom of religious expression would be enough proof that the Founders never envisioned another theocracy.

We r a joke 🙄

I've always wondered why that BS is on our money.

@TheoryNumber3 I googled few yrs ago , I am a dummy , not well red human ( if it’s not medical , I know 0 next to nothing , but thank u Google ). Is not even that old of a deal . Another great way to keep people in fear 🙄

@TheoryNumber3, @Pralina1 The knights of Columbus and the commie scare got in god we trust and one nation under god inserted where they did not belong in 1954 I believe.

@Pralina1

“In God We Trust” was placed on United States coins due to the increased religious sentiment during the Civil War and first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin.

On July 11, 1955, Congress passed H.R. 619, which mandated "In God We Trust" be included on all U.S. currency. The first paper money to include "In God We Trust" was printed in 1957, , shortly after “In God We Trust” also had been made the official national motto by an act of Congress." This was during the Eisenhower administration.

And you're not a dummy 🙂 I've seen your posts.

@TheoryNumber3 That was of course the beginning of the cold war, when atheisim was seen as an assocciate of communism.

@glennlab [history.com]

@SpikeTalon I was speaking just from memory and didn't look it up, you and @theoryNumber3 did your due diligence .

Try saying that to the religious thugs that are doing their damnedest to infiltrate the government.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:709381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.