Agnostic.com

10 4

Who else is a loner?

I have become a loner in my old age. I'm more selective of my friends. Not many people talk to me, except on here. My handful of friends have families and jobs. So my messenger is always dry. Except my boss, whom talks to me more than anyone. She's in Panama on vacation until the 17th. I have not talked to her since Thanksgiving. I spend my days off alone. I go to Wal-Mart if I need to, the gym, or into work if I'm needed. I stay in my room most of the time that I am at home. People irritate me. Is anyone else a loner? I enjoy my alone time. Do you?

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a software engineer, mathematician, physicist, and composer of classical music, I find that although I spend most of my time in my room, I'm never truly alone. I'm surrounded by challenging problems that keep my intellectual curiosity going and I write beautiful music that keeps me entertained.

The only true company that I keep is when my two amazing sons come visit me. I share my ideologies with them and we discuss music, math, science, gaming, and even religion.

Cool.

@KevinJohnston, here is a link to my finished compositions. I have over 20 songs that I've written. Most of it is classical music, but the first song in the list is a little bluesy.

Yes, people bug me or just have bad attitude's.

Yes they do.

I love my own company, I can't have too many days that includes talking to more than 10 people

I work with customers. After work, I go home and need my time to myself.

I've always been a loner, not because I'm anti-social but the normal people bore me

Me too.

Lord, how I hate speech to text recognition... He's very hard when you have Parkinson's, you can't really type on a phone very well, but with the speech-to-text it's like I'm speaking another language to this phone... Sometimes it actually puts French or Russian there instead of English and I have to erase it all and start all over again... So freaking annoying... And then people wonder why I hate cell phones... That's because the technology G could be such better, see there's that g... It just put letters in when it wants to, where was I... Oh yeah... The technology could be such better, but the government's like to keep it for themselves so they can control the masses what a show they make

I t
I tend to be a loner because it's safer... End being alone, I don't have to dumb everything down for most people like I do normally... Is very excruciatingly annoying to have to describe things in 10th grade terms... And this is two people with Advanced degrees... Don't get me wrong there's a lot of smart people out there, but a lot of people tend to not want to think too much, and take the easy way out and thinking... So it's easier to be alone because, well with yourself you know you're getting in the same conversation level that you're used to LOL seriously though, when you're smart, you tend to be a bit of an outcast... Or people tend to exploit you for your intellect without compensation... That's why I want to pursue music as a career now, for the goods are here and you have to pay to hear

Cool.

It depends on the time of day.

I have been a loner all my life. I used to skip school to go to the library. I like to people watch, just not interact with them. I will literally spend weeks alone in my apartment without leaving if I have enough food (and no kids, like when they used to go to thier dads). A lot of my coworkers think I'm an extrovert, because I am animated and lively around people I want to get along with, but its increasingly draining.

I'm an ambivert. A little of both.

I tend to be a loner because it's hard to find people I like spending time with. I guess I enjoy a fair amount of my alone time.

Same.

I am. I also enjoy my alone time, but also like visiting with amazing people, too.

I only socialize with co-workers at work. Then I go home to be alone.

I can understand that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.