Agnostic.com

2 3

Most of the time, anticulturism, that is, bias toward another culture is rooted in FEAR of the unknown, and some humans are just as skittish as chickens when it comes to the unknown, so much so that instead of actually being brave and exploring and learning more about what they don't know, they make up their own ignorant subjective opinions and myths about the unknown, often show hostility toward it, and sometimes purposely make up disparaging lies about it.

Archeus_Lore 7 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd say that fear of or scepticism towards the unknown is a good default position. A lesson our ancestors learned the hard way: better save than sorry (or dead).

I'll assume that everyone knows who Sophie Scholl was. Safety is its own prison.

"The real damage is done by those millions who want to "survive." The honest men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don't want their little lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won't take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those who don't like to make waves - or enemies. Those for whom freedom, honor, truth, and principles are only literature. Those who live small, mate small, die small. It's the reductionist approach to life: if you keep it small, you'll keep it under control. If you don't make any noise, the bogeyman won't find you. But it's all an illusion, because they die too, those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what? Life is always on the edge of death; narrow streets lead to the same place as wide avenues, and a little candle burns itself out just like a flaming torch does. I choose my own way to burn." Sophie Scholl

I deny having said anything about the subject, but I sure as eggs won't be crossing the road.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:710347
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.