Agnostic.com

1 0

Is this song about a sexual predator coming on to a very young girl? I never liked it. THe words are too close to being on the predator side.

K9Kohle 6 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A lot of songs from the 50s and 60s have lyrics about being in love with and desiring 16 and 17 year olds, that would never make it today. It was a different time. These weren't taken as literal or condoning this kind of thing. Like a lot of TV, movies and songs from back then, you have to contextualise them instead of applying modern moral outrage. My background in history has given me this perspective.

Thanks for your point of view. I still find it creepy.

@K9Kohle then don't listen to the Beatles. Some of their songs include lines like, 'little girl' and 'little child', but I'm sure they weren't fantasising about young girls, but rather using teeny 1960s love language. Context is all.

I agree. Also there is no age mentioned in the song. There have been many movies about teens and unrequited puppy love.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:710696
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.