Agnostic.com

4 2

What do atheist You Tubers miss? What should they address that they don't?

I have started a new YouTube channel CompelledUnbeliever(check it out let me know what you think) and produced my first video. I would like to cover issues/arguments that other Atheist simply don't cover. I would like to answer questions that we all have asked ourselves.

Are there any topics you have not found covered on YouTube concerning Christianity, belief, or Bible history? What would you like to see that you haven't?

DavidLaDeau 8 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is so much stuff on YouTube that it is possible to find practically anything.

So, instead of suggesting that you cover a specific topic(s), I suggest that you cover any topic that you are passionate about, and well-informed enough to present in articulate, well-documented ways.

When you do select a topic, you should Google it and use the YouTube search function, before you make a video, to be sure that there isn't a lot out there that is easily find-able and already says what you want to say.

But the most important thing is for the subject to be something that you are interested enough in to dig deeply into, so that you can be sure that you are saying things that are enlightening to viewers, that they have not seen/heard before.

I have a YouTube channel. It is no exaggeration to say that I spend 5-10 hours researching, producing, etc., for every minute of video, sometimes more.

Here's my channel (You will have to cut-and-paste the link. That's the only way I could get it to work):

www.youtube.com/user/freethinkersbooks

Thank you for posting your channel. Its a good one and I recommend it.One thing I have found is that the subjects that I like to look up about Christianity are almost always only from a believers perspective. I think I will cover them but from the other side.

Usually atheist are not interested in Bible Scholarship and often get passages wrong such as the withered fig tree that was an allegory concerning Israel to say that the old law/temple cult was no longer needed. It was not about Jesus being stupid, though it does appear to be so without the background to understand it. It is a good case that the Bible is not a factual, depiction of concordant events (AKA History).

It would seem, David, that instead of responding to your post about YouTube and atheism, some have preferred to fall back on their favourite hobby horse pet subjects. But I think the subject of how YouTube can be better used to promote atheism is an interesting one. I don't have a lot of ideas to offer you, but I hope you will continue in your efforts. I like your passion, if I can use that term, or motivation to do something positive.

I'd like to see more energetically plain speaking confronting atheist channels on YouTube. There are a lot of channels but they are too damned polite. I like Kyle Kulinski's Secular Talk, but he mostly talks about politics. I'm not complaining. I agree with him 100% of the time. He just doesn't cover atheism all that much, given the title of the channel. Not suggesting that you do this David, but it's just what I think about YouTube.

Thank you, I like to have Christians connect to me and I relate questions that I could not answer which is very non-confrontational. Though I do have a mean streak of being sarcastic and satirical to make a point.

@DavidLaDeau understood.

The range of topics they cover are great, and a good source of entertainment. However I do feel that many do inadvertently "feed the trolls".

There are some out there "Militant Atheists" that do seem to be merely the other side of the coin so I'd bare that in mind.

I often find it fun to point out that all religions are just a part of the same whole. Basically, all the titles, words, etc... that humans have given for their chosen god/s are simply that. Human created words to describe what they can/do not know; akin to 'god of the gaps' in a sense.

For instance, a person who gets all in a huff for saying "god damnit" yet doesn't mind if you prefer to use "allah damnit" is a theological hypocrite of the lowest degree. Have fun with that! 😛

Odin Christ! What the Hades are you talking about! I don't know if that Aries damn idea is a good one....but I really like it!

I was thinking of making a character that is a redneck to say what I can't, (the yin to my yang) that curses a lot I think he will use your suggestion.

@DavidLaDeau Hot damn there, buddy that sounds like a sure fire winner there. I tells you what, ain't nothin better 'n' a good o'l boy spouting hard truths for all them yankees to recoil in fear.

It could be a fun 'other persona', the more satirical and humorous side of your channel. No fun having to be all serious all the time right?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71091
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.