Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK New poll shows where Americans stand on debt ceiling debate, raising minimum wage | PBS NewsHour

The nation, and lawmakers, are facing some critical moments on major issues, including how to act on the debt ceiling. Some new numbers in our PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll give a sometimes glaring sense of where the public is on the issue. Lisa Desjardins joined Amna Nawaz to go through the results.

snytiger6 9 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everybody wants a livable wage but the problem is when inflation hits that livable wage also goes up. It's what is known as a vicious cycle. In a world with limited resources and exponential (human) population growth the idea of a sustainable wage is nonexistent.

Of course younger workers are for a min wage increase so that's not a surprise. I am, too, though work is not something I do anymore. Fuck contributing to this society. The debt ceiling number is interesting. In general, it seems our system no longer works. Debt can't keep climbing (please don't tell me what the debt ceiling is...it needs raising because we spent more, largely on Defense) or Gen Z is fucked from that, too. Fucked is fucked and will be deeply felt.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:711266
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.