Agnostic.com

4 6

When it requires bringing out the toolbox in order to break into our medications, I think we've taken the child-proof packaging a little too far. It took a pair of scissors and an exacto-knife to open a new package of antihistamines this morning. Don't even get me started on the origami boxes they use for food packaging.

TheoryNumber3 8 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They replaced my shoulder about 2 weeks ago, which means no use of my hand & arm for awhile...every single one of the 8 post-op meds were provided with child-proof lids.
i had to get the neighbor to remove them, and she didn't find it easy, either. WTF???!!!!

Anne, I went thru the same thing when I broke my wrist a few years ago. You have to specifically ask the drugstore not to put childproof lids on. At least some of them are reversible by flipping them upside down but not all. One day I was dying for peanut butter and I had to open a new jar . I tried everything but there was no way I could open it with a broken wrist so I went outside and walked down the street until I found a neighbor to open it for me

Reminds me of the time a customer returned to the store and asked. "How do I open the package?"
"Full instructions enclosed, sir."

I agree. I use an exacto knife to open hard plastic packages. Dangerous.

I wish companies would stop using plastics. Plastic particles kill whales, turtles, fish, birds and many more animals.

Look at the acres of plastics floating in oceans. Hooray for volunteers working to clean it up!

Balloons are a scourge. Everything washes downhill into rivers, creeks, lakes and oceans.

They don't care, as long as their profits are up. It's disgusting how much waste there is

I agree. It took me an exacto knife, a pair of scissors, a few choice curse words, and a pair of pliers to open a package of nail clippers I bought. Total overkill!

I assume it was the choice words that did the trick. Usually works for me 🙂

I guess I scared it into submission!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:711618
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.