Agnostic.com

1 3

Encase anyone was wondering; Ohio.

With his party buttressed by millions of dollars in donations and lobbying from companies like Norfolk Southern, Trump overturned an Obama-era rule that required more adequate braking systems for trains carrying highly flammable and hazardous materials (instead of the Civil War-era brakes trains use now). He pulled a stalled Obama-era proposal that would have directed companies to have at least two-man crews on trains and banned states from instating such a requirement themselves. He also halted an auditing program of railroads that has since been revitalized by the Biden administration.

Much of these regulatory slashes were made at the behest of special interests like the Association of American Railroads, which represents massive corporations like Norfolk Southern and heavily lobbied for the deregulatory cornucopia that Trump provided.

MerlinZap 8 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That all is true, but so far the factcheckers disagree that any of the Trump era rollbacks on that matter had anything directly to do with that train derailment in Ohio. To put that in context-
[mobile.twitter.com]

[usatoday.com]

[washingtonpost.com]

[msn.com]

What caused the train accident in Ohio?
NTSB: Ohio train derailment was '100% preventable'

The "preventable" and "traumatic" derailment of a train carrying dangerous chemicals in Ohio can be traced to an overheated wheel bearing, which was 253 degrees hotter than the air temperature, National Transportation Safety Board officials said Thursday.5 days ago

Sounds like nit-picking to me.

@MerlinZap Then it's nitpicking, full context and all of the details matter to me, and when you have known left-leaning sources not being quick to blame something on Trump chances are high there's a degree of truth to their conclusions.

@MerlinZap And by the way, aren't alot of accidents technically preventable? Leaving behind roughly $7-8 billion worth in weaponry after the withdrawal from Afghanistan was probably a preventable accident, knowing how Taliban fighters benefitted from that hasty decision. No shortage of blame to go around these days.

@SpikeTalon Poor, poor Drumpf, he's so put upon.

@MerlinZap I don't give a rat's arse about Trump or his fragile ego, but I do care about facts and proper context. I also don't give a damn about Biden either, they're all liars and screwing us over.

Trying to blame the above solely on cheeto is crap, just like the Elon Musk meme you posted was inaccurate crap, and there's no shortage of blame to go around.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:711810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.