Agnostic.com

3 3

I got in the pool today! Just so I could say I did it in Feb!! Cold AF!

Secretguy 7 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was a teenager in very northern AZ (about 5 mi from the state border) I worked at Lake Powell Wahweap Marina.
Each Jan 1 we had an informal contest to see who could get in the first water ski trip of the year but we wore wetsuits so it wasn't as much of an ordeal as it might have been.

It was also of course AZ so it wasn't quite as cold as it might have been by national standards.
We were at about 3500 ft so it certainly wasn't warm either but it was enough to briefly amuse teen boys. Now it's just a lame memory/story. 😋

I took January and February off from my pool. I guess that means I'll have to take the plunge tomorrow. I can tell the water is still cold, since the pool is right below my window and I can hear the screams when people first get in! The screams are getting fewer each day, so I think tomorrow might be my day.

Well you can keep using the story next year, so no need to do it again.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:711959
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.