Agnostic.com

4 8

Stole this from somewhere...if he/she (God) does exist...and by the way, why is it a HE if it is supposed to be a supreme being?

#god
JFreckles 3 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the beginning Man created god in his own image. Poly theistic cultures created family type structures and mono theistic cultures created patriarchal structures.

The Chinese do not have a word for god and the nearest equivalent is Ziran which basically means the way of nature or of itself so. In the Dao De Jeng women are referred to as the gateway between heaven and earth. It is through women that men and women come into being. It seems to me that the notion of assigning a gender to a god or gods, nature or the universe is all bullshit.

“Tao Te Ching: "Doorway of the Mysterious Female ... is there within us all the while" The reader will notice in the many passages where Lao-tzu describes the Master, I have used the pronoun 'she' at least as often as 'he.' The Chinese language doesn't make this kind of distinction; in English we have to choose.”

“Laozi believed that females are The Mothers of all things and all human beings. In accordance with Dao, which generates everything, females are those that produce all things. Without females or mothers, there is nothing else in the world.”

I say Thou.

Here you go.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.