Agnostic.com

8 1

What are your thoughts on the Satanic Temple?

I’m not a satanist but I’m a fan. The Satanic Temple helps Christians understand the importance of the separation of church and state whenever reason doesn’t.

sevenfortyseven 4 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think they are hilarious in the way they challenge Christians trying to make their faith the official one, protests against posting the 10 commandments in courthouses etc

Orbit Level 7 May 2, 2018

Hell of a place!

In the regard that it teaches Christians that freedom of religion is for everyone, and anything they demand for themselves can be co-opted by a religion that makes them shit their pants, I like it.

They are pretty much a political organization that are purposely extremist. They use shock value in order to assert the rights of atheist, agnostics, and religion in general to put everyone on an equal playing field. They should not be confused with The Church of Satan or Satanist that actually do (or at least pretend) to worship Satan.

I have mixed feelings on this group, I love what they do though actually.

Satan was once an angel a fallen angel

Rosh Level 7 May 2, 2018

I have always thought they have an odd PR problem given that their name strongly suggests a belief in a personal devil that they completely lack. Or that they are a religion which they really aren't, so much as a bunch of socio-political provacateurs and I suppose the misleading name is part of the shtick. They actually move the needle when it comes to church-state separation issues, which seems to be their specialty. Want to put up a 10 commandments statue in front of the local courthouse? No problemo, so long as you let us put up our Baphomet statue next to it. Want to open a release-time Bible class in the local school system? Fine and dandy, so long as your let us open our release-time Satan Club. They are not my cup of tea, but I have at least as much practical common cause with them as I do with liberal Christians -- which is substantial.

opposite of the christ's temple :/

I like Satan. He's a lot more fun than his younger brother, Yaweh.

RichE Level 5 May 1, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.