Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK ‘Cocaine Mitch’: This West Virginia Senate GOP candidate takes anti-establishment politics off the rails - The Washington Post

This is taking nasty political fights (GOP-style) to a WHOLE new low! Damn! McConnell and allies created their very Super-PAC JUST to defeat this guy b/c of his ads aimed at McConnell and his wife. (He's bizarrely called McConnell in his ads "Cocaine Mitch" and referred Elaine Chao as a "wealthy China person". I don't often applaud McConnell, but I'm def behind him on this one! Don Blankenship is loathesome. WV, you can do better!

BookDeath 8 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, West Virginia may not be able to do much better. I'm a WV resident and it's been pretty discouraging watching the gangster coal baron politics here. The WV Dems almost elected a TX felon in the primary rather than vote for Obama in 2012. Blankenship will ease right in to WV politics. [articles.latimes.com]

@BookDeath That's a complex problem for those people. Some would move away if they could but are trapped there with no money, no work, no education, but a roof over their head and supporting family around them. They're stuck for life and they know it and turn to drugs. They make poor choices at the voting booth because they want coal to come back and make them all rich.

@BookDeath Sounds like there's hope for reaching some of them. But so many are truly anchored to failed communities with no outside income (but for gov't), so staying until death seems likely. Hillary could have helped them, but they fell for Trump's lies. Education really helps.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.