Agnostic.com

3 7

Not sure where to post this but here is as good as any.
Angel numbers: [numerology.com]

I just learned of the death of a very close friend of mine while I was living in Europe. We both worked for the University of Maryland European Division and she was a neighbor, friend and co-worker. Reading about her history I came across the expression Angel Numbers. I’m not really surprised as she was a strong Catholic. Reading about this, of course the first ‘angel’ (Satan) number that comes to mind is 666.
” 666 angel number. This numerical sequence has gotten a bad reputation, but there's nothing scary about the 666 angel number! This number repeatedly shows up when you are giving too much of yourself -- mentally, physically, and/or emotionally -- in a particular aspect of your life. If you've felt lacking in your material world or have become too attached to something such as a job, relationship, or mindset, the 666 angel number serves as a reminder to shift your perspective, ditch the obsessive thoughts, and let go a bit. Trust that as you do this, harmony will restore itself.”

jackjr 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've heard of "angel numbers" before and think it's a bit silly but people like various number combinations, repetitives and palindromes, especially for special events. If it makes people feel good or lucky, or the numbers have some significance, then no harm. Sometimes I wonder if it's just easier to remember that way. I notice the time on a digital clock a lot, when it comes up to the numbers of someone's birthday, etc.

You mentioned 666 -- Today I thought about "liking" a comment on an atheist FB post, but the likes were at 666 and I didn't want to bump it to 667. Not really sure why I wanted to leave it at that number, but I did. 😉

Seems like some people think even mathematics are anthropocentric.

@jackjr Yep, and to them I always wonder what makes them so sure that time started only when we began counting for the numbers in dates and times. What if we had 100 minutes in an hour or 120, instead of 60, and on and on.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. We are at a tough age where loss is all too common. As far as numbers are concerned, I think people often use them to make sense of the incomprehensible, much as they do with religion. The only numbers that make sense to me are the numbers of the Fibonacci series, because they seem to occur so often in proportions and nature. Beyond that, numbers which occur in music are important to me. I'm sure there are other similar cases. Regarding angel numbers, I have noticed that the number 82 shows up a lot ever since a close friend of mine died. The last four digits of his phone number were 8282. Then I realized that I just notice those numbers more, and that's what gets my attention. People are attracted to what helps them get through the night.

The site that posted her death (OMA - Overseas Marylander's Assoc.) said that she chose the date and time of her death - 3/3/23 at 3:33 which I saw as pure BS.

I’m sorry to hear of the death of a former friend and colleague of course….but please spare us the angel/numeric mumbo-jumbo. I’m afraid it insults the intelligence of the sceptic and critical thinker in me too much Jack.

I can see that but, at the same time this was something new for me. I initially thought of 666 but see how the AW site has spun it to something positive.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.