Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK The Satanic Temple Is Joining the Fight Against Religious Discrimination #ABLC

Any TST satanists out there? I admire this group so much, and might have a harmless crush on its leader, Lucien Greaves. I'm just an outside admirer of the group though. I'm still trying to be more up front and open about my atheism...not sure if I'm ready to claim satanism. Purely because of the misconceptions and stigma of the word satan...

LovingAZLife 5 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anton Levey founded this as almost a mock religion. It is pretty true to the roots he gave it. There is no belief in a personal devil, although if I recall correctly there's a bit of woo involved, though nothing too egregious. Some rituals and symbolism, and it tends to attract people who are into peripheral things like the practice of "magick".

@LovingAZLife Hm ... I think I like TST even better then.

They have already started there was a case somewhere down south that allowed chrisitian stuff to be given out in school. They created a color book asking logical question to answer. The christians went bat shit crazy and disallow all religious hand out....
I hate the name they don't believe in satan. I think they use it as a eye catcher.

I suspect this is a case where the Christers wanted to have what are known as "release time classes" which is a loophole where religious instruction can be given to public school students so long as it's off school property and with opt-in parental permission. So the kids are released to go to a home or church for religious instruction. The Satanists applied their usual provocateur approach and said they want to have their own Satan Club, too. It worked; to avoid the Satan Club, the Bible Club was canceled as well.

I saw a shot of their workbook someplace. It had a smiling Satan, cloven hooves and all, walking through a meadow with happy children. It was hilarious.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71574
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.